IMPROVES SKIN ISSUES (BURNS, ECZEMA, DANDRUFF, DERMATITIS, AND PSORIASIS)
Coconut oil is wonderful as a face cleanser, moisturizer and sun screen, but also it can treat many skin disorders. The fatty acids (Caprylic and Lauric) in coconut oil reduce inflammation internally and externally and moisturize making them a great solution for all types of skin conditions.
It protects the skin and has many antioxidants that make it ideal for healing the skin. In addition the antimicrobial properties balance out the candida or fungal sources that can cause many skin conditions.
Coconut Oil Benefits for Hair Care
If you have dandruff or dry hair coconut oil has the perfect fatty acids to help improve these conditions. You can make homemade coconut lavender shampoo to improve your hair and use straight coconut oil as an all natural hair conditioner.
To get rid of dandruff and to thicken hair massage 1 tbsp coconut oil mixed with 10 drops of rosemary essential oil into your scalp for 3 minutes. Then shower 30 minutes later.
Coconut Oil Benefits
This tropical oil is rich in beneficial fats like lauric acid and medium chain triglycerides that benefit the body.
Here are some of the many benefits of coconut oil:
- Coconut Oil for Hair– This nourishing oil has been used for centuries in hair and its unique fat composition makes it especially beneficial for certain hair types. It can be used as a hair mask, oil treatment, or in homemade hair products.
- To Moisturize and Nourish Skin– The same properties make coconut oil great for skin as well. Many people find that it is an effective natural moisturizer. Its natural antioxidant properties make it great for stopping wrinkles and skin irritation.
Coconut Oil Beauty Uses
The same properties that make it beneficial in cooking and recipes make coconut oil beneficial for hair and skin:
- On the skin as a basic lotion
- With other oils as part of an oil cleansing regimen for beautiful skin
- Whipped with shea butter for a soothing body balm
- In homemade lotion bars with other beneficial ingredients like shea butter
- In homemade deodorant– its natural antibacterial properties make it helpful in fighting odour.
- Coconut oil makes an excellent eye-makeup remover on its own
- It may help lighten age spots when rubbed directly on the skin
- To help increase sun tolerance and avoid burning when used internally
- As a naturally low SPF sunscreen on its own when used topically
- In basic homemade lotion recipes
- Add a couple drops of a favourite essential oil to make a delicious massage oil
- Mixed with equal parts sugar for as smoothing body scrub (use in the shower)
- Rubbed on lips as a natural lip balm or used in lip balm recipes
- In homemade slow cooker soap
- In natural Homemade Sunscreen recipes with other protective ingredients
- As a natural personal lubricant that won’t disturb vaginal flora
- As a natural shave cream and after shave lotion
- By itself as a great tanning oil
- Mixed with salt to remove dry skin on feet
- In natural homemade diaper cream
- By itself as a natural deodorant
- By itself or with baking soda as a naturally whitening toothpaste
- In homemade peppermint lip balm
- In magnesium body butter
- On cuticles to help nails grow
- Rub into elbows daily to help alleviate dry, flaky elbows
- To help avoid chlorine exposure when swimming
- As a completely natural baby lotion
Coconut Oil For Hair
- Can be rubbed into scalp daily to stimulate hair growth
- In homemade shampoo bars
- A tiny dab rubbed on your hands and then through hair makes a great anti-frizz treatment
- As an incredibly intensive natural conditioner- Rub into dry hair, put a shower cap on and leave for several hours before washing out with several rounds of shampoo.